We have written a blogpost about it. Please, click here.
English regulations regarding access and use in buildings are mainly gathered in Approved Document M. This file suggests the following in relation to baby changing facilities:
- Sanitary facilities should be available to everybody, including users of either gender with babies.
- Wheelchair-accessible unisex toilets should not be used for baby changing.
- An enlarged cubicle 1200mm wide in a separate-sex toilet washroom could benefit parents with children, among other users; besides other fittings like bathroom grab rails, one should consider to install a fold-down table inside such a compartment.
- In large buildings, it is "desirable" to provide separate facilities for baby changing.
With similar suggestions, Irish booklets on the matter add:
- Hand washing and drying facilities should be provided adjacent to the baby changers, along with nappy disposal bins, and a shelf or table for personal belongings.
- An accessible place for breast-feeding (separate from the toilet facilities) should be furnished wherever space allows so. It is expected to be equipped with a comfortable chair and have room for a large pram or pushchair.
Please, read the source texts or consult a professional to confirm this information.
We have created a comparison table here with all models of Koala baby changing tables, so that choosing the most suitable product can be more visual and handy.
This blog post has some accessibility indications when choosing or installing a baby changing table, since the child's guardian or babysitter could be disabled or with limited mobility, like it could be quite common for example in the case of grandparents.
|Construction||Materials||satin 304 stainless steel exterior, grey polyethylene interior, steel chassis|
|Net Weight||22.68 kg|
|Packed Weight||23 kg|
|Finishes||Brushed Stainless Steel|
|Dimensions||Product Height||508 mm|
|Product Width||892 mm|
|Product Depth||102 closed, 488 open mm|
|Packaging Height||700 mm|
|Packaging Width||1100 mm|
|Packaging Depth||250 mm|