We believe that hand dryers are often the most energy efficient, cost saving and hygienic option to dry hands in commercial washrooms, however, paper towel dispensers may be the best solution for those facilities that lack power supply or require complete silence.
For the circumstances where both drying solutions are possible, here you have some blog posts and guides we have published over the years, which hopefully will help you decide:
- Cost comparison: Hand Towel, Roll Towel, Hand Dryers
- Comparative video
- Advantages and disadvantages
- One in five paper towel dispensers are empty
- Shock: Paper Towel Funded research says hand dryers are less hygienic
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone if you have any question.
The UK has different regulations and recommendations to handle sanpro waste (sanitary towels, nappies, incontinence pads) depending on its hazard level and the facilities where it is disposed.
We encourage you to read through the official guidance on the subject. As a summary, we understand that:
- If it originated from a healthy population, it can be disposed with general household waste.
- Should it be produced in large amounts, like may happen in nurseries, schools or motorway services areas, it is advisable to package it away from other waste.
- When the household waste is classified as hazardous, it must be securely transported and disposed in appropriate containers by a healthcare professional or collected as healthcare waste by the local authorities (who may charge for it).
- Clinical waste must be handled following the law by entities with a waste management license. You will find more information in the webpage linked above and this guide.
We have written a blogpost about it. Please, click here.
This blog post sums up the main features we would look for when purchasing a sanitary or general waste bin for bathrooms, especially at commercial facilities with high traffic.
This unpleasant situation is quite common in public areas, especially school washrooms. We have gathered a few ideas on this blog post on how to discourage users from throwing paper towels into the toilet.
Here our main suggestions:
- Ensure there is toilet tissue in the dispenser
- Place easy to use waste bins on visible spots and try to avoid they are not full often
- Think about offering electric hand dryers as an alternative method
- Choose a towel dispensing system with a controlled, paper saving delivery
- Make the most of technology to monitor consumable level and notify staff when there is an issue or shortage.
Here is a list of spares and accessories available for the Bobrick B-369 Combination unit.
If you do not see the specific part you are looking for, please contact us.
|Spare Part or Accessory||Part Code|