If there’s ever a shortage of tea in China, Shahed may have had something to do with it. This lady never gets warm by a hot brew though and can be found in layers of clothes next to a warm radiator (next to Kehinde) on many occasions. Her lunchtimes consist of reading a good book, which comes in very handy for her writing skills we’re sure. Creator of some fantastic content, you’ll have seen a great many infographics or blog posts of hers around environmentally focused topics.
What do you do?
My job is to get answers to questions relating to the environment and waste reduction that really help businesses and the public. The information I uncover and present to the world is also to inform our business on how to improve.
If you could, what one thing would you ban which would improve the environment and why?
The production of any new plastic materials. I would ban new plastics because they create so much havoc on the planet that the environmental impact surely outweighs the convenience and cost element. Plus we can do so much with recycled plastics now!
More about me
- If I were a cartoon character I'd be Dora the Explorer because we literally dress the same – both of our go-to outfits are dungarees and a t-shirt.
- What’s one thing could you not do without at the start of the day? – A cup of tea.
- What’s one item you can’t leave your house without? – Sad, but my phone probably.
- What advice would you give to your younger self? – Nobody has their life completely together, so try not to stress too much about it.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? – A forensic scientist.
- What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend? – Reading a book or watching Strictly with my mum.
- If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick? – Calendar, Instagram, Mobile Banking app
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why? – Teleportation because I’m lazy and impatient with public transport.
- What’s your most used emoji? – The celebratory hands up emoji.