Like Shahed, Claire never says no to a cup of tea. Without her sounding too predictable, people tend to just make her one in a tea round without even asking now. She admits she’s loud on the phone, so much so that she may as well not use one, as we’re sure the person on the other end could hear her anyway. The stares she gets from everyone at the end of the chat makes her respond with “done it again haven’t I?” Followed up with “I can’t help it!” Claire is another thought generator and has always got ‘good ideas’, she basically comes into work every day with a new ‘amazing’ one. A true expert in the social media and PR field, Claire’s eye for detail and communication skills are second to none.
What do you do?
My job is to make sure Intelligent Facility Solutions (IFS) has a major presence on social media and in the press. I make sure content plans are developed and followed through. I communicate the good work of and key messages from IFS, in the most relevant ways possible.
If you could, what one thing would you ban which would improve the environment and why?
Plastic bags - I still see places, especially smaller shops, offering them for one or two items, and the worse thing is, people say yes without even considering they don’t even need one. It drives me mad. I have to work really hard not to step in and ask “do you really need that?”. There are so many other simple solutions, shops could sell cool, reusable tote bags at cost, they’re so cheap to produce - everyone loves a tote and it’s free advertising. Or recycled paper bags. People need to be a bit more creative!
More about me
- If I were a cartoon character I'd be Mr Nosy. I want to know everything. It makes me better at my job, so I can get away with it, but I’m V nosy.
- What one thing could you not do without at the start of the day? - Breakfast
- What’s one item you can’t leave your house without? - Water bottle
- What advice would you give to your younger self? - Love your flaws, they’re what make you social and unique
- What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? - I get shy when I’m centre of attention (like when everyone sings happy birthday to me, or praises me).
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? - I wanted to be ‘an important business woman’
- What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend? - Summer - camping. Winter - sitting by the woodburner drinking Prosecco
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be? - Mind reader
- What’s your most used emoji? - Cartwheeling