The Gaffer is the idea generator due to his vast experience in the industry and keen eye for an opportunity. A very respected member of the team by all and without him the success of the business would not be possible. However, James says he does have one flaw, his perception of time means his “it’ll only take a minute” is equivalent to 3 hours work (or is James just slow? The jury’s out still.) Rumour has it his good ideas are facilitated by having a large head. A head which looks like his body, legs and arms should be bigger to balance him out. Just a rumour mind.
What do you do?
My job is to make sure that our people stay happy and motivated to keep customers at the heart of what we do, so we can thrive and give more opportunity to our people and partners. Keep evolving, keep being helpful and building long term trust!
If you could, what one thing would you ban which would improve the environment and why?
Pointless waste, there is a ridiculous amount of convenience packaging. People need to stop rushing and sit in a coffee shop or café and use a mug or a knife and fork that can be washed up. We need to make time to eat, drink without rushing all the time, better for our minds and the planet
More about me
- If I were a cartoon character I'd be probably Beavis or Butthead, I have a large head and small body and laugh a bit like them
- What one thing could you not do without at the start of the day? - Coffee
- What’s one item you can’t leave your house without? - Keys
- What advice would you give to your younger self? – Educate yourself, help others more, worry less
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? – Footballer or an inventor
- What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend? – Asking my kids to put their shoes on
- If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick? Whatsapp, Weather and BBC
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why? Change sad into happy people
- What’s your most used emoji? Thumbs up