Hand Dryers vs Paper Towels - Which Wins?
Traditionally Hand Dryers have always had many advantages over paper hand towels as a means of drying your hands.
- Hand Dryers offer a lower cost per dry up to 98% less
- Hand Dryers reduce maintenance costs, vandalism and mess associated with paper towels
- Hand Dryers are positive for the environment as they require less energy to produce and emit fewer greenhouse gases than the manufacturing of paper towels.
- Most Paper towels end up in landfills, Hand dryers have no waste!
- Paper towels accounted for 30% of landfill waste in 2008, hand dryers accounted for none
- Each Ton of paper towels used requires 24 full grown trees to produce. Using Hand dryers require no trees to be cut down!
- Hand Dryers reduce the need for vehicles to be on the road, replenishing and distributing bulky paper towels.
- Paper towels take up space to stock and replenish, Hand dryers take up no extra space.
- Each dry with a paper towel uses 12.5g of C02. Most dries use 2 plus hand towels
- Hand dryers still use considerably less power per dry due to the associated production and delivery cycles associated with paper hand towels.
Check out this video to see just how huge the impact is from global paper production and wastage. Help eliminate the large % of that waste that comes from paper towel products, change your facility to a low energy high speed hand dryer today!
Back to blog